Old Sign Uncovered on Municipal Court Building


Old Sign Uncovered on Municipal Court Building
Caption: 
Past Reappears: Catching the eye of many persons in the Huron-Main Sts. Area is this "Savings Bank Block" sign cut into stone on the side of a building at the northwest corner of the streets. The original sign, at least part of it, was revealed when the "Municipal Court Building" sign was removed in connection with remodeling of the building. Missing from the original sign is a top line that read, "Ann Arbor." The building once was the location of the former Ann Arbor Savings Bank, which was merged into the present Ann Arbor Bank. Banking in the building ended in 1936.
Rights Held By: 
Donated by the Ann Arbor News. © The Ann Arbor News.



Syndicate content