City General Election is Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2011
Tuesday, Nov. 8 is the City General Election and the ballot this year includes:
- City Council candidates in all five wards
- Renewal of the Streets Repair and Resurfacing Millage proposal
- Sidewalk Repair Millage proposal
- Amendment to restructure the Ann Arbor City Employees Retirement Board of Trustees.
Polling place locations, candidates and millage information is available on the city’s Election website.To find out your exact polling location, visit the Michigan Votes online voter information center.
• Don’t forget to bring your photo ID to vote. Voters who do not have acceptable photo ID will be required to sign an affidavit in order to vote.
• Polling place hours are 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Election Day.
• The City Clerk’s Office is still accepting applications for absentee ballots. The office is open to the public for absentee ballot requests on Saturday, November 5, 2011 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. In-person requests for absentee ballots will be accepted at the City Clerk’s Office, 2nd floor of City Hall, until Monday, November 7 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Ann Arbor Public Schools are closed on Election Day. Polling places located within schools are open . Signs will be posted at all polling locations to assist voters.
• Washtenaw County election results are televised on Community Television Network’s CitiTV Channel 19 beginning at 10 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2011—after the polls close—and will continue throughout the night.