- Language: English
- Format: Tools
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
Call number: Music Tools
- 1 Volca Keys
Following in the footsteps of the monotron, monotribe, and MS-20 Mini analog synthesizers, Korg announces the Volca series. Volca is a new lineup of EDM production tools comprised of three distinct models: the Volca Keys lead synthesizer, the volca Bass synthesizer, and the Volca Beats rhythm machine. These powerful and fun-to-use true-analog devices deliver a diverse array of fat sounds that can be obtained only from an analog synthesizer. Each is also equipped with sequencing/recording capabilities for intuitively generating performances. Multiple volcas can be used in tandem via the vintage-style sync in/out, and with your favorite DAW software or MIDI keyboard via MIDI In. Battery operation and built-in speakers mean that you can conveniently play anywhere and anytime. These are the next-generation analog synthesizers, bringing you the ultimate sounds and grooves with ease and depth. Whether used together or by themselves, the volca series is poised to inject true analog power into any performance or studio setup!
Volca Series Common Features:
SYNC jack and MIDI IN connector allow synchronized performance with multiple units or with your DAW
By using the sync jack you can enjoy synchronized playback with multiple volcas or with a monotribe. You can also use the "SyncKontrol" iPhone app to wirelessly control tap tempo, swing settings, and synchronized playback with iOS music apps via WIST.
The MIDI IN connector lets you synchronize with other devices, as well as play the volca from any MIDI keyboard. You can also send note messages from your DAW and use the volca as an analog sound module.
Self-tuning function (Volca Bass and Keys only)
Until now, the problem with analog synthesizers has been that the pitch would drift over time, or because of changes in temperature. Volca solves this by providing a Self-tuning function that constantly tunes the oscillators. You'll never need to tune during a performance, or wait for the pitch to stabilize after turning the power on.
Compact size, battery-powered operation, and built-in speaker for enjoyment anywhere
With its compact size, battery operation, and built-in speaker, it's easy to take the volca anywhere and perform any time.
Volca Keys Key Features:
The polyphonic synthesizer you've been waiting for
- Three note true analogue synthesis
- Voicing function lets anyone create sounds easily
- Delay effect for even more sonic possibilities
Simple loop sequencer
- Loop sequencer lets you record phases just as you play them
- Motion Sequencer records knob edits in real time
- Active Step function and Flux function to add dynamic change to your sequences
Convenient functions for tremendous ease of use
- Self-tuning function for constant, stable pitch
- Sync In and Out allows clock sync of multiple instruments from the volca Series as well as Korg's Monotribe
- Compact size, battery-powered operation, and built-in speaker for enjoyment anywhere
Volca Keys is a long-awaited synthesizer that adds a new chapter to the long and storied history of Korg's analog synthesizers. This 27-key analog lead synth delivers unbelievably powerful sound in a compact body. Starting with a filter section that uses the circuitry of the legendary miniKORG700S (1974), it delivers astonishing sound that takes full advantage of Korg's half-century of know-how in circuit design.
With a simple structure that includes delay effect and a sequencer, it's also an ideal choice for a first analog synth. It offers the richly expressive sounds that are distinctive of analog, providing the enjoyment of simple yet deep sound-creation. The possibilities are endless; you can use the three oscillators to play chords, use them in unison with detune to produce solid lead lines, or apply ring modulation to create far-out metallic sounds.
- Keyboard: Multi-touch Keyboard
- Type: Analog synthesis
- Maximum Polyphony: 3 voices
- Structure: 3VCO, 1VCF, 1VCA, 1LFO, 1EG
- VCO: Octave, Ring Modulation, Detune, Portamento, EG Intensity
- VCO Waves: Sawtooth, Square
- VCF: Cutoff, Peak, EG Intensity
- VCF Type: Low Pass Filter, 12 dB/oct
- LFO: Rate, Pitch Int, Cutoff Int, Wave (Sawtooth, Triangle, Square)
- EG: Attack, Decay/Release, Sustain
- Effects: Delay Time, Feedback, Temp Sync
- Number of parts: 1
- Number of Steps: 16
- Number of Recording Patterns: 8
- Audio Output: Headphones (1/8in stereo mini jack)
- Sync In: (1/8in monaural mini jack, Maximum input level: 20V)
- Sync Out: (1/8in monaural mini jack, Maximum Output level: 5V)
- MIDI: In
- Power supply: 6 AA alkaline or AA nickel-metal hydride batteries or KA-350 AC adapter (optional)
- Battery Life: Approximately 10 hours (using alkaline batteries)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 93 × 115 ×46 mm / 7.61 x 4.54 x 1.81 inches
- Weight: 377 g / 0.83 lbs (Excluding batteries)
It sounds great. I like that you could probably fit it in a (large) pocket.
There are a lot of options. Buttons and keys often have multiple uses, and I don't find the interface terribly intuitive, so you'll probably want to read the manual carefully if you want to learn all of its features.
Login to write a review of your own.