- Published: London : Verso, 2013
- Year Published: 2013
- Description: xix, 168 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Weinberg, Felix Jiri -- Childhood and youth.
- Auschwitz (Concentration camp)
- Jews -- Biography. -- Czech Republic -- Prague
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Personal narratives. -- Czech Republic -- Prague
- Jewish children in the Holocaust -- Biography. -- Czech Republic -- Prague
- Holocaust survivors -- Biography. -- England -- London
- Prague (Czech Republic) -- Biography.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
Boy 30529 : a memoir
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
No copies found.
Foreword / by Suzanne Bardgett -- Childhood -- The camps -- The return -- England.
At the age of twelve, Weinberg lost everything: hope, home, and even his own identity. In 1938 his father travelled to England, hoping to arrange for his family to emigrate there. His efforts came too late, and his wife and children fell into the hands of the Fascist occupiers. Over the following years, Felix survived five concentration camps, including Terezín, Auschwitz and Birkenau, as well as the Death March from Blechhammer in 1945. An extraordinary meditation on the nature of memory.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.