- Published: New York : G. P. Putnam's Sons, a member of the Penguin Group (USA) Inc., 2013.
- Year Published: 2013
- Description: 356 p. ; 24 cm
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Typists -- Fiction.
- Nineteen twenties -- Fiction.
- Women -- Fiction. -- New York (State) -- New York
- Police stations -- Fiction. -- New York (State) -- New York
- New York (N.Y.) -- Fiction. -- History -- 1898-1951
- Suspense fiction.
- Historical fiction.
Recently Listed On
- What to read this summer: Top 20 picks from CNN
- Best Lists
- Books to check out of the library
Login to add tags
The other typist
There are no copies available and 5 requests on 10 copies
Where To Find It
Call number: Fiction
"Amy Einhorn Books"-- Title page.
Working as a typist for the NYC Police Department in 1923, Rose Baker documents confessions of harrowing crimes and struggles with changing gender roles while clinging to her Victorian ideals and searching for nurturing companionship before becoming obsessed with a glamorous newcomer and her world of bobbed hair, smoking and speakeasies.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.