- Published: New York : G. P. Putnam's Sons, a member of the Penguin Group (USA) Inc., 2013.
- Year Published: 2013
- Description: 356 p. ; 24 cm
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Typists -- Fiction.
- Nineteen twenties -- Fiction.
- Women -- Fiction. -- New York (State) -- New York
- Police stations -- Fiction. -- New York (State) -- New York
- New York (N.Y.) -- Fiction. -- History -- 1898-1951
- Suspense fiction.
- Historical fiction.
Recently Listed On
- What to read this summer: Top 20 picks from CNN
- Best Lists
- Books to check out of the library
Login to add tags
The other typist
There are currently 4 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Fiction
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor, Pittsfield Adult, Traverwood Adult
"Amy Einhorn Books"-- Title page.
Working as a typist for the NYC Police Department in 1923, Rose Baker documents confessions of harrowing crimes and struggles with changing gender roles while clinging to her Victorian ideals and searching for nurturing companionship before becoming obsessed with a glamorous newcomer and her world of bobbed hair, smoking and speakeasies.
Login to write a review of your own.