- Published: New York : Doubleday, c2013.
- Year Published: 2013
- Edition: 1st American ed.
- Description: 321 p. ; 25 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Miyamoto, Musashi, -- 1584-1645 -- Fiction.
- Japan -- Fiction. -- History -- Azuchi-Momoyama period, 1568-1603
- Japan -- Fiction. -- History -- Tokugawa period, 1600-1868
- Historical fiction.
Login to add tags
Child of vengeance
There are currently 3 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Fiction
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor, Pittsfield Adult, Traverwood Adult
Japan in the late sixteenth century was a land in turmoil. Lords of the great clans constantly jockeyed for position, generating countless tales of scheming and intrigue. Bound by a rigid code of honor, the aristocratic samurai were left to execute their lords' designs whatever the cost. Death defined these warriors' very existence; they could be commanded to die by their lord at any time to prove loyalty and stregth of spirit. A dishonorable end would bring shame upon an entire family--for generations to come. - from cover p.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.