- Published: Boston : Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2012.
- Year Published: 2012
- Description: 286 p. : chiefly ill. ; 24 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Graphic Novel
- Bechdel, Alison, -- 1960 -- Childhood and youth.
- Cartoonists -- Biography.
- Mothers and daughters.
- Graphic novels.
Recently Listed On
- The A.V. Club's Best Comics of 2012: Graphic Novels and Art Comics
- Publisher's Weekly Best Books 2012, Comics
- Graphic Novel Reporter's Best of 2012
- Library Journal's Best Books 2012: Graphic Novels
- Adult Graphic Novel Core List
- LGBTQA Graphic Novels
- Lesbian Romance Novels
- Graphic novel biographies, autobiographies, and memoirs
- Booklist's Top 10 Graphic Novels: 2013
- If You Enjoyed Fun Home...
Login to add tags
Are you my mother? : a comic drama
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Adult Graphic Novel / Bechdel, Alison
Available Copies: Downtown 2nd Floor, Malletts Adult
The ordinary devoted mother -- Transitional objects -- True and false self -- Mind -- Hate -- Mirror -- The use of an object.
Read part one of the series, "Fun Home," first to understand what is happening in this book. "Are you my mother?" is far more surreal and philosophical, whereas the first was much more of a memoir with a plot-line. The second book covers Bechdel's life roughly from her college years to 2012.
Login to write a review of your own.