- Published: New York : [Berkeley, CA] : Grove Press ; Distributed by Publishers Group West, 2012.
- Year Published: 2012
- Edition: 1st American ed.
- Description: 230 p. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Winterson, Jeanette, -- 1959
- Authors, English -- Biography. -- 20th century
- Lesbians -- Biography. -- Great Britain
- Mothers and daughters -- Biography.
Recently Listed On
- Oprah's Best Books of 2012
- Best Nonfiction of the year
- LGBT people and religion
- Books by lesbian and bisexual women authors
- 2013 Rainbow Project Nominations
Login to add tags
Why be happy when you could be normal?
There are currently 11 available
Where To Find It
Call number: 921 Winterson, Jeanette
Available Copies: Downtown 2nd Fl., Malletts Adult, Pittsfield Adult, Traverwood Adult, West Adult
Originally published: London : Jonathan Cape, 2011.
Traces the author's lifelong search for happiness as the adopted daughter of Pentecostal parents who raised her through practices of fierce control and paranoia, an experience that prompted her to search for her biological mother.
Reviews & Summaries
Login to write a review of your own.