- Published: New York : Amistad, 2011.
- Year Published: 2011
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 1 v. (unpaged) : col. ill. ; 29 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 730
- African Americans -- Poetry. -- Migrations
- African Americans -- Poetry. -- History -- 1877-1964
- African Americans -- Poetry.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
The Great Migration : journey to the North
There are currently 4 available
Where To Find It
Call number: J 811 Gr
Available Copies: Downtown Youth, Malletts Youth, Traverwood Youth
Author's note -- I. The news -- II. Goodbyes: Man, Girl and boy, Woman, Very young woman -- III. The trip -- IV. Question: Men and women -- V. Up North, My family -- Selected bibliography.
Describes the period of the 20th century when many African Americans left the South to make better lives for themselves in the northern states.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.