- Published: New York : First Second, 2011.
- Year Published: 2011
- Description: 182 p. : chiefly ill. (chiefly col.) ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Graphic Novel
- Lexile: 310
- Girls -- Fiction.
- Life on other planets -- Fiction.
- Inventors -- Fiction.
- Science fiction comic books, strips, etc.
- Graphic novels.
Recently Listed On
- ALSC Graphic Novel Reading List 3rd - 5th grade
- Kid's Graphic Novel Core List
- Top Graphic Novels Starring Mighty Girls
- Nerd Family media
- Graphic Novels!
- Comics by artists and writers attending Kids Read Comics 2013!
- Recipients of the Cybils Award
- May School Visits 2012 4-5 Laura
Login to add tags
Zita the spacegirl. : far from home Book one :
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Youth Graphic Novel / Zita
Available Copies: West Youth
Far from home
When Zita activates a strange device she finds in a crater, mysterious dark arms come out of a portal and steal away her friend Joseph. Screwing up her courage, Zita plunges into the portal after him, finding herself on an alien world three days before an asteroid is set to destroy it. Worse, the device that brought her to the planet breaks in the process. Relying on her wits and the friendships she makes along the way, Zita has to save Joseph, herself, and maybe, just maybe the whole planet! While the looming danger of planet-wide destruction might seem unsuitably scary subject matter for a graphic novel directed at this age-group, the thin linework and unsaturated colors create a a soft atmosphere that offsets the possibly upsetting subject matter. Even with such subtle color choices, the characters remain vibrant and funny. The twist put on the villains - they're simply foolish, not evil - also keeps the story lighthearted. The ending, which solidifies Zita as a hero, promises further adventures for readers to enjoy. Recommended.
Login to write a review of your own.