- Published: [United States] : PBS Home Video, 
- Year Published: 2012
- Description: 1 videodisc (208 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- Firth, Jonathan.
- Parker, Nathaniel, 1962-
- Terry, Nigel.
- Baeza, Paloma.
- Hardy, Thomas, 1840-1928.
- PBS Home Video.
- Women farmers -- Drama. -- England -- Wessex
- Farm life -- Drama. -- England -- Wessex
- Triangles (Interpersonal relations) -- Drama.
- England -- Drama. -- Social life and customs -- 19th century
- Wessex (England) -- Drama. -- Social life and customs -- 19th century
- Television programs.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
Far from the madding crowd
There are no copies available and 11 requests on 2 copies
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD Drama Far
Based on the novel by Thomas Hardy.
Originally aired on PBS in 1998.
Jonathan Firth, Nathaniel Parker, Nigel Terry, Paloma Baeza.
Uncertain of her future but unwilling to sacrifice her freedom, Bathsheba rejects the proposal of Gabriel Oak only to become his employer. Still in love, Gabriel can only watch as Bathsheba flirts with her neighbor, Mr. Boldwood unleashing a passionate obsession within the reserved Boldwood. Both men forsake their hearts, however, upon the arrival of the dashing soldier Frank Troy. Despite being in love with another woman himself, Troy sees a challenge in Bathsheba and sets out to win her.
Contents: Far from the madding crowd.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.