- Published: Detroit, [Mich.] : Thorndike Press/Gale Cengage Learning, 2011.
- Year Published: 2011
- Description: 661 p. : ill., map ; 23 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Large Type
- Brown, John, -- 1800-1859.
- Abolitionists -- Biography.
- Harpers Ferry (W. Va.) -- History -- John Brown's Raid, 1859.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
Midnight rising : John Brown and raid that sparked the Civil War
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Large Print 973.711 Ho
Available Copies: Traverwood Large Print
Originally published: New York : Henry Holt and Co., 2011.
Plotted in secret, launched in the dark, John Brown's raid on Harpers Ferry was a pivotal moment in U. S. history. But few Americans know the true story of the men and women who launched a desperate strike at the slaveholding South. Now, Midnight Rising portrays Brown's uprising in vivid color, revealing a country on the brink of explosive conflict.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.