- Published: New York : Harperluxe, 2011.
- Year Published: 2011
- Description: 597 p. : ill., maps ; 23 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Large Type
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Underground movements -- France.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Biography. -- Women -- France
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, French.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps.
- France -- History -- German occupation, 1940-1945.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
A train in winter : an extraordinary story of women, friendship, and resistance in occupied France
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Large Print 940.53 Mo
Available Copies: Malletts Large Print
Part one. An enormous toy full of subtleties -- The flame of French resistance -- Daughters of the Enlightenment -- The hunt for registers -- Waiting for the wolf -- Indulgent towards women -- Recognising the unthinkable -- "We have other plans for them" -- Frontstalag 122 ; Part two. Le Convoi des 31000 -- The meaning of friendship -- Keeping alive, remaining me -- The disposables -- Pausing before the battle -- Slipping into the shadows.
In January 1943, the Gestapo hunted down 230 women of the French Resistance and sent them to Auschwitz. This is their story, told in full for the first time--a searing and unforgettable chronicle of terror, courage, defiance, survival, and the power of friendship to transcend evil that is an essential addition to the history of World War II.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.