- Published: New York : St. Martin's Press, 2011.
- Year Published: 2011
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 295 p.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Confederate States of America. -- Army -- Supplies and stores.
- United States -- Army -- Supplies and stores -- History -- 19th century.
- Food industry and trade -- History -- 19th century. -- United States
- United States -- History -- Food supply. -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States -- History -- Economic aspects. -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States -- History -- Blockades. -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Confederate States of America -- Economic conditions.
Login to add tags
Starving the South : how the North won the Civil War
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: 973.71 Sm
Available Copies: Traverwood Adult
Lincoln's humbug of a blockade -- Scarcity and hunger -- Bread riots -- Abundance and organization -- Gibraltar of the Mississippi -- Traders or traitors? -- The Confederacy's breadbasket -- Giving thanks and no thanks -- Hard war -- Capital hunger.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.