- Published: New York : Doubleday, c2010.
- Year Published: 2010
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 254 p. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- African Americans -- Social conditions -- 21st century.
- African Americans -- Economic conditions -- 21st century.
- African Americans -- Race identity.
- Group identity.
- Social classes.
- Social mobility.
- United States -- Social conditions -- 21st century.
- United States -- Race relations.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
Disintegration : the splintering of Black America
There are currently 3 available
Where To Find It
Available Copies: Downtown 2nd Fl., Traverwood Adult, West Adult
"Black America" doesn't live here anymore -- When we were one -- Parting of the ways -- The mainstream : a double life -- The abandoned : no way out -- The transcendent : where none have gone before -- The emergent (part 1) : coming to America -- The emergent (part 2) : how Black is Black? -- Urgency, focus and sacrifice -- We know who we are, but who will we be?
Explains how years of desegregation and affirmative action have led to the revelation of four distinct African American groups who reflect unique political views and circumstances, in a report that also illuminates crucial modern debates on race and class.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.