- Published: Universal City, Calif. : Universal Studios Home Entertainment, 
- Year Published: 2008
- Edition: 2-disc special ed.
- Description: 2 videodiscs (109 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- Stefano, Joseph.
- Hitchcock, Alfred, 1899-1980.
- Perkins, Anthony, 1932-1992.
- Miles, Vera.
- Gavin, John, 1928-
- Balsam, Martin, 1919-1996.
- McIntire, John.
- Leigh, Janet.
- Bloch, Robert, 1917-1994.
- Universal Pictures (Firm)
- Universal Studios Home Entertainment (Firm)
- Bates, Norman (Fictitious character)
- Murderers -- Drama.
- Hotelkeepers -- Drama.
- Horror films.
- Feature films.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Recently Listed On
- Alfred Hitchcock
- Movies Made From Books
- Timeless Reels: Classic Films
- Leonard Maltin's 100 Must-See Films of the 20th Century
Login to add tags
There are currently 3 available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD Horror Psycho
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor, Traverwood Adult, West Adult
Trailer / Previews
Trailers Powered by Internet Video Archive
Based on the novel by Robert Bloch.
Originally released as a motion picture in 1960.
Special features: Disc 1: Feature commentary with Stephen Rebello; newsreel footage: the release of Psycho; the shower scene; the shower scene: storyboards by Saul Bass; the Psycho archives; posters and Psycho ads; lobby cards; behind-the-scenes and production photographs; production notes; theatrical trailers ; Disc 2: The making of Psycho; in the master's shadow: Hitchcock's legacy; Hitchcock and Truffaunt interview excerpts; Alfred Hitchcock presents "Lamb to the slaughter."
Anthony Perkins, Vera Miles, John Gavin, Martin Balsam, John McIntire, Janet Leigh.
Disgruntled Phoenix officeworker Marion Crane is fed up with the way life has treated her. She only gets to meet her lover Sam during lunch breaks and they cannot get married because of Sam's alimony high payments. One Friday, Marion is trusted to bank $40,000 by her employer. Seeing the opportunity to take the money and run, Marion leaves town and heads towards Sam's California store. Tired after the long drive and caught in a storm, she gets off the main highway and pulls into The Bates Motel. The motel is managed by a quiet young man called Norman who seems to be dominated by his mother.
DVD; Region 1; Anamorphic widescreen (1.85:1); Dolby Digital 2.0 mono., dual-layer; NTSC.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.