- Published: New York : IFC in Theaters : MPI Media Group, c2010.
- Year Published: 2010
- Edition: Widescreen.
- Description: 1 videodisc (Not rated)(101 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- Barnes Foundation.
- Art museums -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia.
- Art schools -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia.
- Documentary films.
- Nonfiction films.
- Feature films.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
The Art of the steal
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD 708.14 Ar
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor
Trailer / Previews
Trailers Powered by Internet Video Archive
Originally released as a motion picture in 2009.
Bonus feature: trailer.
It's been called the greatest theft of art since the Second World War. Reveals how a private collection of paintings became the envy of the Louvre, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and other major institutions, and the prize in a battle between one man's vision and the forces of commerce and politics. Founded in 1922 by wealthy American drug developer and art collector Albert C. Barnes, the Barnes Foundation became the finest collection of paintings by Renoir, Cezanne, Matisse, and Van Gogh.
Anamorphic widescreen (1.78:1)
Reviews & Summaries
Login to write a review of your own.