- Published: Chicago, Ill. : Chicago Review Press, c2010.
- Year Published: 2010
- Description: xii, 228 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Chrysler automobile -- History -- 20th century.
- Experimental automobiles -- History -- 20th century.
- Automobiles, Gas-turbine -- History -- 20th century.
Recently Listed On
- Checkout History
- Michigan Notable Books 2011 (awarded by the Library of Michigan) in the AADL collection
Login to add tags
Chrysler's turbine car : the rise and fall of Detroit's coolest creation
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
Call number: 629.222 Le
The promise of the jet age -- Chrysler's first "jet" car -- The fourth-generation engine : Chrysler's viable automotive powerplant -- The Ghia turbine car -- The user program : the ultimate public relations event -- The globe-trotting Ghia -- Other Ghias in America -- The user experiment -- Wrap-up of the user program -- The beginning of Chrysler's financial decline -- The problem of smog -- Chrysler's financial troubles -- Other manufacturers and the turbine -- The death of the turbine program -- The survivors -- Going for a ride in Jay Leno's Ghia.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.