- Published: Kansas City, Mo. : Andrews McMeel Universal, c2009.
- Year Published: 2009
- Description: 374 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 29 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Cooking -- Louisiana -- New Orleans.
- Cooking, Creole.
- Cooking, Cajun.
- Cooking, American -- Louisiana style.
- New Orleans (La.) -- Social life and customs.
Recently Listed On
- Cajun Coobooks (That Include Recipes For Gumbo Soup!)
- Cooking by Region/Country - Cajun & the American South
Login to add tags
My New Orleans : the cookbook : 200 of my favorite recipes & stories from my hometown
by Besh, John.
There are no copies available and 3 requests on 1 copy
Where To Find It
Call number: 641.597 Be
Introduction -- How I cook -- Crawfish & rice -- Mardi Gras -- Strawberries & citrus -- Feast days -- Shrimp season -- Creole tomatoes -- Speckled trout & redfish -- The urban farm -- Crab season -- Chanterelles & blackberries -- Preserving summer -- Oyster season -- Gumbo weather -- Thanksgiving -- Boucherie -- Reveillon.
"My New Orleans: The Cookbook is a rich stew of Besh's charming, personal stories of his childhood, his family, and friends, and the unique food history of the city and its cooking..."--Publisher's blurb.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.