- Published: Los Angeles : Tokyopop, c2006.
- Year Published: 2006
- Description: 459 p. : ill., map ; 19 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Teenage girls -- Fiction.
- Fate and fatalism -- Fiction.
- Abandoned children -- Fiction.
- Imaginary places -- Fiction.
- Japan -- Fiction.
Recently Listed On
- Sci-fi/fantasy/young adult books featuring people of color
- Speculative Fiction by Women of Color
- Books I Will Eventually Read
Login to add tags
The Twelve kingdoms. 1, Sea of shadow
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Teen Fiction / Twelve Kingdoms
Available Copies: Downtown Teen, 3rd Floor
First published in Japan in 1992/2001 by Kodansha Ltd., Tokyo.
For high-schooler Yoko Nakajima, life has been fairly ordinary--that is until Keiki, a young man with golden hair, tells Yoko they must return to their kingdom. Once confronted by this mysterious being and whisked away to an unearthly realm, Yoko is left with only a magical sword; a gem; and a million questions about her destiny, the world she's trapped in, and the world she desperately wants to return to.More than just a fantasy story filled with horrific monsters, half-beasts, and magicians, The Twelve Kingdoms centers around a world reminiscent of Chinese mythology and rife with civil and political upheaval. Sea of Shadow, the first volume of this ongoing seven-volume epic, takes you on a wild ride that leaves you questioning the bounds of reality and fantasy.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.