- Published: Jefferson, N.C. : McFarland & Co., Publishers, c2010.
- Year Published: 2010
- Description: 215 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Underground Railroad -- Michigan.
- African Americans -- History -- 19th century. -- Michigan
- Fugitive slaves -- History -- 19th century. -- Michigan
- Abolitionists -- History -- 19th century. -- Michigan
- Antislavery movements -- History -- 19th century. -- Michigan
- Fugitive slaves -- History -- 19th century.
- Antislavery movements -- History -- 19th century.
- Michigan -- Race relations -- History -- 19th century.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
The Underground Railroad in Michigan
There are no copies available and 1 request on 4 copies
Slavery, settlement, and the Underground Railroad -- Underground Railroad beginnings -- Michigan as a destination and gateway -- Obtaining freedom in Michigan -- Disturbing influences : abolitionists -- Stations in the wilderness : a working system of assistance -- An interstate network of escape -- Persuasion and politics -- The Port Huron-Pontiac-Detroit network -- Men of oppression -- Fractures in the cause -- New beginnings to end slavery -- Southern men on northern soil -- Trials and tribulations -- 1850 Fugitive Slave Act -- Two days to midnight -- Colonization of Canada -- The year of John Brown.
"This book is the first comprehensive exploration of abolitionism and the network of escape from slavery in the state. First-person accounts are interwoven with an expansive historical overview of national events to offer a fresh examination of Michigan's critical role in the movement to end American slavery"--Provided by publisher.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.