- Published: Somerville, Mass. : Candlewick Press, 2009.
- Year Published: 2009
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 201 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 24 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Graphic Novel
- Lexile: 430
- Dust Bowl Era, 1931-1939 -- Fiction.
- Dust Bowl Era, 1931-1939 -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Graphic novels.
- Kansas -- Comic books, strips, etc.
Recently Listed On
- For Grayson
- Comics and other items recommended on Comics Are Great!
- Booklist 's Top 10 Graphic Novels For Youth 2010
- ALSC Graphic Novel Reading List 6th - 8th grade
- Teen Graphic Novel Core List
- Scott O'Dell Award for Historical Fiction
- Great Graphic Novels for Teens 2010
Login to add tags
The storm in the barn
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Youth Graphic Novel / Phelan, Matt
Available Copies: Malletts Youth, Pittsfield Youth
In Kansas in the year 1937, eleven-year-old Jack Clark faces his share of ordinary challenges: local bullies, his father's failed expectations, a little sister with an eye for trouble. But he also has to deal with the effects of the Dust Bowl, including rising tensions in his small town and the spread of a shadowy illness. Certainly a case of "dust dementia" would explain who (or what) Jack has glimpsed in the Talbot's abandoned barn - a sinister figure with a face like rain. In a land where it never rains, it's hard to trust what you see with your own eyes, and harder still to take heart and be a hero when the time comes.
Reviews & Summaries
Login to write a review of your own.