- Published: Ann Arbor : University of Michigan Press, c2008.
- Year Published: 2008
- Description: 213 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- African Americans -- Religion.
- Christianity and politics.
- African Americans -- Politics and government.
- POLITICAL SCIENCE / Political Process / General
- RELIGION / Religion, Politics & State
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
Politics in the pews : the political mobilization of Black churches
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Black Studies 261.708 McD
Available Copies: Downtown 2nd Floor
Introduction -- The political transformation of religious institutions -- Call and response : the mechanisms of a political church -- When will the call be made? : a history of Black church political activism -- Who can facilitate the call? : the role of organizational dynamics in shaping church-based political activism -- Who will make the call? : pastoral support for church-based political action -- Who will respond? : understanding member approval of church-based political activism -- Conclusion.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.