- Published: Culver City, Calif. : Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, c2008.
- Year Published: 2008
- Description: 1 videodisc (123 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- Brunetti, Dana.
- Spacey, Kevin.
- De Luca, Michael, 1965-
- Steinfeld, Peter.
- Loeb, Allan.
- Luketic, Robert, 1973-
- Sturgess, Jim.
- Bosworth, Kate, 1983-
- Fishburne, Larry.
- Mezrich, Ben, 1969-
- Columbia Pictures.
- Relative Media.
- Trigger Street Productions.
- Michael De Luca Productions (Firm)
- Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (Firm)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- Drama.
- Blackjack (Game) -- Drama.
- Card counting -- Drama. -- Nevada -- Las Vegas
- College students -- Drama. -- Conduct of life
- College teachers -- Drama. -- Massachusetts
- Casinos -- Drama. -- Nevada -- Las Vegas
- Las Vegas (Nev.) -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- Adventure films.
- Thrillers (Motion pictures, television, etc.)
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
No copies found.
Based on the book: Bring down the house: the inside story of six M.I.T. students who took Vegas for millions / by Ben Mezrich.
Jim Sturgess, Kate Bosworth, Laurence Fishburne, Kevin Spacey.
Ben Campbell is a young, highly intelligent student at M.I.T. Wanting to transfer to the Harvard School of Medicine, he learns that he cannot afford the $300,000 for the tuition. Then Ben is introduced into a small but secretive club by his math professor, Micky Rosa. The club has four other students: Jill, Choi, Kianna, and Jimmy; and they are being trained by Mickey in the skill of blackjack card counting. Intriged by the desire to make money, Ben joins his new friends on secret weekend trips to Las Vegas where, using the skills of code talk and hand signals, Ben makes hundreds of thousands of dollars winning blackjack at casino after casino. Ben wants to make only enough money for his tuition and then to back out of the group. Ben's greed and arrogance put Micky, as well as the group, on the radar of a brutal casino security enforcer named Cole Williams. Cole holds a personal grudge against Micky which threatens to undo everything the students have learned and earned.
DVD, region 1, anamorphic widescreen (2.35:1) presentation; Dolby Digital.
Contents: Bringing down the house.
Reviews & Summaries
Login to write a review of your own.