- Published: [England] : Burbank, CA : BBC Video ; Distributed by Warner Home Video, 2008.
- Year Published: 2008
- Description: 2 videodiscs (291 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- Birtwistle, Sue.
- Conklin, Susie.
- Gaskell, Elizabeth Cleghorn, 1810-1865.
- Thomas, Heidi, 1967-
- Curtis, Simon, 1960-
- Hudson, Steve.
- Woods, Simon, 1980-
- Dench, Judi, 1934-
- Dillon, Lisa.
- Staunton, Imelda, 1953-
- McKenzie, Julia.
- Byrne, Rosy.
- Etel, Alex.
- Nixon, Kimberley.
- British Broadcasting Corporation.
- WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.)
- Chestermead Ltd.
- BBC Video (Firm)
- Warner Home Video (Firm)
- Market towns -- Drama. -- England
- Single women -- Drama. -- England
- Gossip -- Drama. -- England
- Sisters -- Drama. -- England
- Man-woman relationships -- Drama. -- England
- England -- Drama.
- Television mini-series.
- Historical television programs.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
There are no copies available and 1 request on 6 copies
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD TV Cranford
Based on the novels by Elizabeth Gaskells.
Originally broadcast on BBC television in 2007.
Simon Woods, Judi Dench, Lisa Dillon, Imelda Staunton, Julia McKenzie, Rosy Byrne, Alex Etel, Kimberley Nixon.
Cranford, in 1842, is a market town in northwest England. It is a place governed by etiquette, custom and above all, an intricate network of ladies. It seems that life has always been conducted according to their social rules. For spinsters Deborah Jenkyns, the arbiter of correctness, and Matty, her dumurring sister, the town is a hub of intrigue. Handsome new doctor Frank Harrison has arrived from London; a retired Captain and his daughters move in across the street and preparations for Lady Ludlows garden party are underway. The town has some secrets which are about to be revealed. But news comes that shakes the town, a railway line from Manchester is coming to Cranford.
DVD, region 1, widescreen (16:9) presentation; Dolby Digital stereo.
Reviews & Summaries
Login to write a review of your own.