- Published: [Ann Arbor, MI] : G.T. Labs, 
- Year Published: 2005
- Description: 165 p. : ill. ; 19 x 24 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Graphic Novel
- Cope, E. D. -- 1840-1897 -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Marsh, Othniel Charles, -- 1831-1899 -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Paleontologists -- Biography -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Paleontology -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Graphic novels.
Recently Listed On
- Science and Scientist Graphic Novels
- Comics by artists and writers attending Kids Read Comics 2013!
- Great Graphic Novels available at AADL
- local authors
Login to add tags
Bone sharps, cowboys, and thunder lizards : a tale of Edwin Drinker Cope, Othniel Charles Marsh, and the gilded age of paleontology
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Adult Graphic Novel / Ottaviani, Jim
Available Copies: Downtown 2nd Floor, Traverwood Adult
This is an excellent read. Two men fighting hammer and tongs to be the ultimate expert, both ultimately hoisted by their own petard and mocked through history, despite both doing some very important work. It's a fun story - and where the 'story' moves slightly away from the truth, there is an excellent Fact or Fiction section at the end to clarify any worrisome niggles that you may have. It highlights some ridiculous practices of past science and media which still have parallels today. Plus there's dinosaurs. Anyone who has visited the Natural History Museum in Chicago and enjoyed their snippets of the Bone Wars will find this illuminating.
Login to write a review of your own.