- Published: Prince Frederick, MD : Recorded Books, 2007, 2008.
- Year Published: 2008
- Description: 5 Sound discs : digital, stereo ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: Book on CD
- American fiction -- 20th century.
- Spokane Indians -- Fiction.
- Indians of North America -- JFiction. -- Washington (State)
- Indian reservations -- Fiction.
- Race relations -- Fiction.
- Diary fiction.
Recently Listed On
- Award-Winning Books for Guys (Reading Level Range: Grades 6-12)
- Books and Audiobooks for Adult ESL Speakers
- HiLo: high school students - reading 2nd to 4th grade levels
- HiLo: Adults - reading 2nd to 4th grade levels
- Hard Knock Life: YALSA 2010 Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults
- My favorite young adult fiction novels
- 2009 YALSA Odyssey Award for best audio book for children and /or young adults.
- Checkout History
Login to add tags
The absolutely true diary of a part-time Indian
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Teen BOCD Fiction
Available Copies: Downtown Teen, Pittsfield Teen
Originally published: New York : Little, Brown, c2007. 1st ed.
Performed by the author
Budding cartoonist Junior leaves his troubled school on the Spokane Indian Reservation to attend an all-white farm town school where the only other Indian is the school mascot.
Parental Advisory: physical abuse.
Alexie's ability to write as a 14-year old is amazing, and gives a very accurate perspective to what it was like for many kids to grow up on a reservation.
Login to write a review of your own.