- Published: Burbank, CA : Miramax Home Entertainment : Distributed by Buena Vista Home Entertainment, 
- Year Published: 2008
- Description: 1 videodisc (ca. 118 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: Italian
- Format: DVD
- Scorsese, Martin.
- Mallet-Guy, Alexandre.
- Mosca, Fabrizio.
- Crialese, Emanuele, 1965-
- Gainsbourg, Charlotte, 1971-
- Amato, Vincenzo.
- Quatrocchi, Aurora.
- Casisa, Francesco.
- Pucillo, Filippo.
- Schiavelli, Vincent.
- Miramax Films.
- Memento Films (Firm)
- Titti Film Respiro (Firm)
- Arte France cinéma (Firm)
- RAI Cinema (Firm)
- Wild Bunch (Firm)
- Studio Canal+.
- Miramax Home Entertainment (Firm)
- Buena Vista Home Entertainment (Firm)
- Widowers -- Drama. -- Italy -- Sicily
- Italian language materials.
- Quarantine -- Drama. -- Ellis Island (N.J. and N.Y.)
- Married people -- Drama.
- United States -- Drama. -- Emigration and immigration
- Ellis Island (N.J. and N.Y.) -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- Historical films.
- Adventure films.
- Films for the hearing impaired.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
Golden door : Nuovomondo
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD FLC-ITA Golden
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor
Originally released as a motion picture in 2007.
Special features: Introduction by Martin Scorsese; making of Golden door.
Charlotte Gainsbourg, Vincenzo Amato, Aurora Quatrocchi, Francesco Casisa, Filippo Pucillo, Vincent Schiavelli.
Salvatore is a very poor farmer and a widower who decides to emigrate to the U.S. with all his family, including his old mother. Before they embark, they meet Lucy. She is a British woman who wants to go back to the States. Lucy, or Luce as Salvatore calls her, needs to marry someone before she arrives at Ellis Island in New York. Salvatore accepts her proposal. Once they arrive in Ellis Island they spend the quarantine period trying to pass the examinations to be admitted to the States. Tests are not so simple for poor farmers coming from Sicily. Their destiny is in the hands of the custom officers.
DVD, region 1, widescreen (2.35:1, enhanced) presentation; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.