- Published: New York : Hyperion Books for Children, 2008.
- Year Published: 2008
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 412 p.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 800
- 9781423107507 (reinforced bdg.)
- 1423107500 (reinforced bdg.)
- Flying machines -- Fiction.
- Prisoners -- Fiction.
- Adventure and adventurers -- Fiction.
- Inventors -- Fiction.
- Islands -- Fiction.
- Saltee Islands (Ireland) -- Fiction. -- History -- 19th century
- Ireland -- Fiction. -- History -- 1837-1901
Recently Listed On
- Action-Adventure for Middle School
- If you like the Artemis Fowl books...
- UK Historical Fiction for Teens
- AADL Staff Picks -- Danielle
Login to add tags
There are no copies available and 1 request on 2 copies
Where To Find It
Call number: Teen Fiction
In the late nineteenth century, when Conor Broekhart discovers a conspiracy to overthrow the king, he is branded a traitor, imprisoned, and forced to mine for diamonds under brutal conditions while he plans a daring escape from Little Saltee prison by way of a flying machine that he must design, build, and, hardest of all, trust to carry him to safety.
Reviews & Summaries
Those who love steampunk will love this book. As yet, it has no prequel or sequel to my knowledge, although I wish Colfer would write one.
Written for teens, the book will also compell adult readers.
This book packs suspense, a good adventure and a half history into a beautifully illustrated cover.
Login to write a review of your own.