- Published: [S.l.] : Chatsworth, CA : Home Vision Entertainment ; Distributed by Image Entertainment, 
- Year Published: 2007
- Description: 1 videodisc (106 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- Mauriat, Edouard.
- Sauper, Hubert.
- Celluloid Dreams (Firm)
- Mille et Une Productions.
- Coop99 Filmproduktion.
- Saga film (Firm)
- Arte (Firm)
- Westdeutscher Rundfunk.
- Centre national de la cinématographie (France)
- Vienna Film Fund (Firm)
- Fonds Belge de L'Audiovisuel (Firm)
- Home Vision Entertainment (Firm)
- Image Entertainment (Firm)
- Nile perch fisheries -- Economic aspects -- Victoria, Lake.
- Illegal arms transfers -- Tanzania.
- Globalization -- Economic aspects -- Tanzania.
- Victoria, Lake -- Environmental conditions.
- Tanzania -- Economic conditions -- 1964
- Tanzania -- Social conditions -- 1964
- Documentary films.
- Foreign films.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Login to add tags
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD 967.8 Da
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor
Originally released as a documentary film in 2004.
Special features: Kisangani diary: "Darwin's nightmare" director Hubert Sauper discovers the last hiding place for thousands of Rwandan refugees in this award-winning documentary; interview with the director; theatrical trailer.
Huge, empty cargo planes land to export Lake Victoria's gourmet bounty, the Nile Perch, taking about 55 tons of processed fish daily. In their wake, they leave starving villagers to scrounge a meal out of the discarded fish heads and rotting carcasses. With massive epidemics, raging civil wars, crime, homelessness, and drug-addicted children, the question becomes what do these planes really deliver to this destitute community?
DVD, widescreen (1.78:1, enhanced) presentation; Dolby Digital 2.0 stereo., surround, NTSC.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.