- Published: [Boston] : WGBH Boston Video, c2006.
- Year Published: 2006
- Description: 1 videodisc (ca. 56 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- Klein, Larry.
- Schreiber, Liev.
- British Broadcasting Corporation.
- WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.)
- WGBH Video (Firm)
- World Trade Center (New York, N.Y.)
- Building failures -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Building failures -- Investigation -- New York (State) -- New York.
- September 11 Terrorist Attacks, 2001.
- Tall buildings -- Design and construction.
- Structural engineering.
- Documentary television programs.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Video recordings for people with visual disabilities.
- Documentary -- Television series.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
Building on ground zero
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD 690.21 Bu
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor
"Lessons from the World Trade Center collapse"--Container.
Originally broadcast as an episode of the television program Nova on Sept. 5, 2006. Some content produced in 2002.
Special feature include: teaching materials (PDF format, computer and DVD-ROM drive required).
Three seconds -- Why the towers fell -- Designing for safety -- From New York to Shanghai.
Narrator, Liev Schreiber.
Looks back at the events of 9/11 and reviews the major investigations into the causes of the collapse of the World Trade Center. Compares the collapse of the Twin Towers with the destruction of the Alfred P. Murrah building in Oklahoma City. Discusses the structural features and fireproofing methods that made these buildings vulnerable and the costs, practicality, and possibility of completely correcting these weaknesses. Features two new buildings that demonstrate advances in skyscraper safety and construction, World Trade Center 7 and Leslie Robertson's World Financial Center in Shanghai.
DVD, region 1, letterboxed; Dolby Digital, NTSC.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.