- Published: New York : Puffin Books, 2001.
- Year Published: 2001
- Description: 223 p. ; 18 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- 0142300365 (pbk.)
- Fort Ontario Emergency Refugee Shelter -- Fiction.
- Refugees, Jewish -- Fiction. -- New York (State) -- Oswego
- Jews -- Fiction. -- New York (State) -- Oswego
- Holocaust survivors -- Fiction.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Fiction. -- Jews -- Rescue
- Prejudices -- Fiction.
Recently Listed On
- The War-Torn Fourties for Teens
- Winners of the Scott O'Dell Award for Historical Fiction
- Scott O'Dell Award for Historical Fiction
Login to add tags
Two suns in the sky
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
No copies found.
In 1944, an Upstate New York teenager named Christine meets and falls in love with Adam, a Yugoslavian Jew living in a refugee camp, despite their parents' conviction that they do not belong together. During World War II, a 15-year-old girl meets a young Jewish refugee in a New York shelter and soon learns the history behind her city through interaction with her new friend, as well as the barriers that exist when different cultures unite.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.