- Published: New York : New Haven : Metropolitan Museum of Art ; Yale University Press, [2005?]
- Year Published: 2005
- Description: xii, 225 p. : ill. (some col.), maps ; 32 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- 1588391450 (The Metropolitan Museum of Art : hardcover)
- 030010717X (Yale University Press)
- Townsend, John, -- 1733-1809 -- Exhibitions.
- Furniture -- Exhibitions. -- History -- 18th century -- Rhode Island -- Newport
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
John Townsend : Newport cabinetmaker
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
Call number: 749.092 To
Catalog published in conjunction with an exhibition held at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, May 6-Sept. 25, 2005.
Newport furniture: a view over time -- Newport: its place in the history of American furniture -- Eighteenth-century Newport -- The Townsend family in Newport -- Observations on John Townsend's cabinetwork -- John Townsend: a selective catalogue -- Cabriole furniture (cat. nos. 1-15) -- Case furniture: block and shall and flat front (cat. nos. 16-31) -- Stop-fluted furniture (cat. nos. 32-37) -- Federal furniture (cat. nos. 38-48) -- Pictorial parallels: the furniture of John Townsend and his contemporaries -- The Townsend family joiners -- Christopher Townsend's will (1773), Codicil (1768), and inventory (1786) -- John Townsend's will (1805) and inventory (1806) -- John Townsend family furniture.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.