- Published: New York : HarperCollins, 2006.
- Year Published: 2006
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 1 v. (unpaged) : col. ill. ; 29 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 420
- 0060542101 (lib. bdg.) :
- Fancy Nancy (Fictitious character)
- Individuality -- Fiction.
- Costume and dress -- Fiction.
- Manners and customs -- Fiction.
Recently Listed On
- children's books
- Book series that I like
- Best children's books, movies and CDs I discovered with my kids
- 2014 good books for 5-6 year old
- Amazing Books For Kids
- Favorite picture books
Login to add tags
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: E OCO
Available Copies: Downtown Youth PicBks, Malletts Youth Picture Books
A young girl who loves fancy things helps her family to be fancy for one special night.
Reviews & Summaries
O'Connor perfectly captures the voice of her enthusiastically fabulous protagonist, and readers will find themselves learning the tricks to living fancy (e.g. wearing lacy socks, always choosing sprinkles) along with Nancy's family.
The real joy of this book, though, are Glasser's amazingly detailed watercolor illustrations. The vivacity of Nancy leaps off the page thanks to her expressive facial expressions, multitude of accessories and baubles, and bright color palette.
Though the femininity of Nancy will likely turn off male readers, little girls will eat the story up and the multitude of details in the illustrations will help to keep parents interested through multiple reads as well.
Login to write a review of your own.