- Published: New York : Clarion Books, c2005.
- Year Published: 2005
- Description: x, 118 p. : ill. ; 23 x 26 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 1170
- 0618446303 (hardcover) :
- Children -- Social conditions -- 20th century.
- Children -- History -- 20th century.
- Depressions -- 1929.
- United States -- Social conditions -- 1933-1945.
Recently Listed On
- books to read 2014
- favorite authors
- Books by Recipients of the Laura Ingalls Wilder Award
- Recipients of the Golden Kite Award
- NCTE Orbis Pictus Award for Outstanding Nonfiction for Children
Login to add tags
Children of the Great Depression
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Y 973.917 Fr
Available Copies: Malletts Youth
"The sight of my father crying" -- "Ill-housed, ill-clad, ill-nourished" -- In and out of school -- Kids at work -- "Okie, go home!" -- Boxcar kids -- The Lone Ranger and Captain Midnight -- A brighter tomorrow.
Life was hard for children during the Great Depression: kids had to do without new clothes, shoes, or toys, and many couldn't attend school because they had to work. Even so, life still had its bright spots. Take a closer look at the lives of young Americans during this era.
Reviews & Summaries
Login to write a review of your own.