- Published: New York, NY : Kino International : Kino on Video, 
- Year Published: 1999
- Description: 1 videodisc (ca. 116 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- Schenck, Joseph M., 1877-1961.
- Keaton, Buster, 1895-1966.
- Bruckman, Clyde, d. 1955.
- Boasberg, Al, b. 1892.
- Smith, Charles.
- Mack, Marion, 1902-1989.
- Barnes, Frank.
- Fox, Virginia, 1902-1982.
- Cline, Edward, 1892-1961.
- Jennings, Dev.
- Haines, Bert.
- Israel, Robert.
- Shepard, David.
- Carter, Gaylord.
- Pittenger, William, 1840-1904.
- Kino International Corporation.
- United Artists Corporation.
- First National Pictures.
- Comique Film Corporation.
- Railroads -- Drama.
- Theaters -- Drama. -- Employees
- Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
- United States -- Drama. -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Confederate States of America -- Drama. -- History
- Silent films.
- Comedy films.
- Short films.
Recently Listed On
- AFI's 100 Years, 100 Movies
- Timeless Reels: Classic Films
- Checkout History
- Leonard Maltin's 100 Must-See Films of the 20th Century
Login to add tags
The general : Cops ; Playhouse.
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD Silent-Film General
Trailer / Previews
Trailers Powered by Internet Video Archive
The general adapted from William Pittenger's The great locomotive chase.
The general. Joseph M. Schenck presents a United Artists production; written and directed by Buster Keaton and Clyde Bruckman; adapted by Al Boasberg and Charles Smith. Buster Keaton, Marion Mack, Charles Smith, Frank Barnes. Photographed by Dev Jennings & Bert Haines. Music, Robert Israel. (1926, 75 min.) -- The playhouse. Joseph M. Schenck presents a First National attraction; written and directed by Buster Keaton and Eddie Cline. Buster Keaton, Virginia Fox. Music, Robert Israel. (1921, 23 min.) -- Cops. Joseph M. Schenck presents; First National Picutres, Inc.; Comique Film Company; written and directed by Buster Keaton and Eddie Cline. Buster Keaton, Virginia Fox. Music, Gaylord Carter. (1922, 18 min.).
[The general] A locomotive is beloved by its engineer, who sets out to win the Civil War single handedly. [The playhouse] A comedy in which Keaton plays a stage manager, an actor, a monkey and other parts. [Cops] A comedy of errors in which Buster Keaton attempts to win his sweetheart's hand in marriage by becoming a successful businessman. His exploits climax in a chase with an entire police precinct.
DVD, digitally mastered.
Contents: Great locomotive chase.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.