- Published: New York : Atheneum Books for Young Readers, 2004.
- Year Published: 2004
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 244 p. ; 19 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 740
- Sisters -- Fiction.
- Japanese Americans -- Fiction.
- Death -- Fiction.
- Georgia -- Fiction. -- History -- 20th century
Recently Listed On
- Tween Books w/o Young Love as a Key Component
- Grief for a Person - gr PreK-5
- 2015 Ann Arbor Ypsilanti READS - grades 6-8
- Mighty Girls Fiction and Non-fiction!
- Newbery Medal Winner
- Children's Books by Asian Authors
- historical fiction
- 20th Century America Historical Fiction for Kids
- Recommended Books For Fifth Graders
Login to add tags
There are currently 7 available
Where To Find It
Available Copies: Downtown Youth, Pittsfield Youth, Traverwood Youth
Chronicles the close friendship between two Japanese-American sisters growing up in rural Georgia during the late 1950s and early 1960s, and the despair when one sister becomes terminally ill.
Reviews & Summaries
This book has adventure, sadness, fun, and few parts, inappropriate. This is so well written. I recommend it!
Login to write a review of your own.