- Published: New York : Orchard Books 2002.
- Year Published: 2002
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 166 p. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 940
- 0439372992 :
- 043937300X (pbk.)
- Haitian Americans -- Fiction.
- Immigrants -- Fiction.
- Emigration and immigration -- Fiction.
- Diaries -- Fiction.
- Haiti -- Fiction.
- Brooklyn (New York, N.Y.) -- Fiction.
Recently Listed On
- 8th grade and 9th grade Historical Fiction
- 6th grade and 7th grade Historical Fiction
- Américas Book Award for Children's and Young Adult Literature Winners, 1999-2004
- Children's Books by Latin American Authors
- Children's Books by African American Authors
Login to add tags
Behind the mountains
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
Call number: Y Fiction
Writing in the notebook which her teacher gave her, thirteen-year-old Celiane describes life with her mother and brother in Haiti as well as her experiences in Brooklyn after the family finally immigrates there to be reunited with her father.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.