- Published: Culver City, Calif. : Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment, , c2001.
- Year Published: 2001
- Edition: Special ed.
- Description: 1 videodisc (91 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- 0767882989 :
- Orsi, Agi.
- Peralta, Stacy.
- Stecyk, Craig, 1950-
- Penn, Sean, 1960-
- Kubo, Shogo.
- Biniak, Bob.
- Pratt, Nathan.
- Muir, Jim.
- Sarlo, Allen.
- Cahill, Chris.
- Alva, Tony.
- Constantineau, Paul.
- Adams, Jay.
- Oki, Peggy.
- Ruml, Wentzle.
- Pilafian, Peter.
- Crowder, Paul.
- Wilson, Terry.
- Sony Pictures Classics (Firm)
- Vans "Off the Wall" Productions (Firm)
- ADP Productions (Firm)
- Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment (Firm)
- Skateboarding -- California -- Venice (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Surfing -- California -- Venice (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Documentary films.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Recently Listed On
- my Favorite DVD Documentaries
- Fabulous Films for Young Adults: Coming of Age Around the World 2009
- AADL Staff Picks -- Katie
Login to add tags
Dogtown and Z-boys
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
No copies found.
Trailer / Previews
Trailers Powered by Internet Video Archive
Originally produced as a motion picture in 2001.
Special features: full screen presentation; director and editor commentary; extended "raw" skate footage; weblinks; theatrical trailers; animated menus; deleted scenes; production notes; scene selections.
Narrator: Sean Penn ; special appearances: Shogo Kubo, Bob Biniak, Nathan Pratt, Stacy Peralta, Jim Muir, Allen Sarlo, Chris Cahill, Tony Alva, Paul Constantineau, Jay Adams, Peggy Oki, Wentzle Ruml.
The story of a gang of discarded kids who virtually revolutionized skateboarding with an aggressive style, awe-inspiring moves and street smarts, and in the process, transforming youth culture forever. Captures the rise of the Zephyr skateboarding team from Venice's Dogtown, a tough "locals only" beach with a legacy of outlaw surfing, who used abandoned swimming pools to sharpen their skills.
DVD ; Full screen ; 5.0 Dolby digital, digitally mastered audio.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.