- Published: Hollywood, Calif. : Paramount Pictures, , c1950.
- Year Published: 1950
- Edition: Special collector's ed. ; Full screen version.
- Description: 1 videodisc (110 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- 0792172868 :
- Brackett, Charles, 1892-1969.
- Wilder, Billy, 1906-2002. .
- Marshman, D. M., 1922-
- Holden, William, 1918-1981. .
- Swanson, Gloria.
- Von Stroheim, Erich, 1885-1957.
- Olson, Nancy, 1928-
- Clark, Fred, 1914-1968.
- Gough, Lloyd.
- Webb, Jack, 1920-1982.
- DeMille, Cecil B. 1881-1959.
- Hopper, Hedda, 1890-1966.
- Seitz, John F., d. 1979.
- Harrison, Doane, d. 1968.
- Schmidt, Arthur.
- Waxman, Franz, 1906-1967.
- Head, Edith.
- Paramount Pictures Corporation.
- Actors and actresses -- Drama.
- Motion picture industry in motion pictures.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Hollywood (Los Angeles, Calif.) -- Drama.
Recently Listed On
- AFI's 100 Years, 100 Movies
- Academy Awards Best Picture Nominees and Winners-Part 2
- 1001 Cult films...
- Checkout History
- Film Spotting Marathons
- Checkout History
- Leonard Maltin's 100 Must-See Films of the 20th Century
Login to add tags
There are currently 4 available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD Drama Sunset
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor, Downtown Storage Adult, Traverwood Adult
Trailer / Previews
Trailers Powered by Internet Video Archive
Originally released as a motion picture in 1950.
Special features: Commentary by Ed Sikov, author of "On Sunset Boulevard: the life and times of Billy Wilder" ; the making of Sunset Boulevard ; theatrical trailer ; Hollywood location map ; photo galleries ; morgue prologue ; Edith Head - The Paramount Years featurette ; the music of Sunset Boulevard Featurette.
William Holden, Gloria Swanson, Erich Von Stroheim, Nancy Olsen, Fred Clark, Lloyd Gough, Jack Webb, Cecil B. DeMille, Hedda Hopper.
Pursued by creditors, Joe swerves into a driveway of a seemingly abandoned Sunset Boulevard mansion. He finds Norma, an ex-screen queen dreaming of a dramatic comeback and her husband/servant living there. She takes a fancy to Joe and, learning that he is a scriptwriter, persuades him to help her with her comeback screenplay. Being broke he accepts. He falls in love with young script reader, but Norma breaks up their romance. Thinking she is mad, he tries to leave, but Norma kills him. scene which she believes is the highlight of her comeback movie.
DVD, Doby digital mono, Region 1 encoding.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.