- Published: Hollywood, CA : Paramount, c1999.
- Year Published: 1999
- Description: 1 videodisc (130 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- 0792156447 :
- 0792159578 :
- Towne, Robert.
- Polanski, Roman.
- Evans, Robert, 1930-
- Nicholson, Jack.
- Dunaway, Faye.
- Hillerman, John.
- Lopez, Perry.
- Young, Burt.
- Glover, Bruce
- Mantell, Joe, 1920-
- Jenson, Roy, 1935-
- Ladd, Diane.
- Bakalyan, Richard, 1931-
- Huston, John, 1906-1987. .
- Paramount Pictures Corporation.
- Paramount Home Video (Firm)
- Film noir.
- Water rights -- Drama. -- California -- Los Angeles
- Murder -- Drama.
- Incest -- Drama.
- Detective and mystery films.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Chinatown (Los Angeles, Calif.) -- Drama.
Recently Listed On
- Librarian movies/TV shows
- Entertainment Weekly: 100 All-time Greatest movies
- Pop Culture PIs
- Academy Awards Best Picture Nominees and Winners-Part 3
- Top 50 Mystery and Crime Movies
- Filmspotting Pantheon
- Checkout History
- Best Films of the 1970s
- AFI's Top 10 Mystery Films
Login to add tags
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD Drama Chinatown
Trailer / Previews
Trailers Powered by Internet Video Archive
Originally released as a motion picture in 1974.
Includes theatrical trailer and retrospective interviews with Evans, Towne, and Polanski (13 min.)
Jack Nicholson, Faye Dunaway, John Hillerman, Perry Lopez, Burt Young, Bruce Glover, Joe Mantell, Roy Jenson, Diane Ladd, Dick Bakalyan, John Huston.
Private eye Jake Gittes, living off the murky moral climate of sunbaked, pre-war Southern California is hired by a beautiful socialite to investigate her husband's extra-marital affair. Gittes is swept into a maelstrom of double dealings and deadly deceits, uncovering a web of personal and political scandals that come crashing together for one, unforgettable night in Chinatown.
DVD; stereo, Dolby digital, NTSC Region 1 ; widescreen.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.