- Published: Toronto : Berkeley, CA : Douglas & McIntyre ; Distributed in the USA by Publishers Group West, 2001, c2000.
- Year Published: 2000
- Description: 170 p. : maps ; 20 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Taliban -- Fiction.
- Women's rights -- Fiction.
- Sex role -- Fiction.
- Disguise -- Fiction.
- Survival after airplane accidents, shipwrecks, etc. -- Fiction.
- Girls -- Fiction. -- Afghanistan
- Kābol (Afghanistan) -- Fiction.
- Afghanistan -- Fiction.
Recently Listed On
- 6th grade and 7th grade Historical Fiction
- 4th grade and 5th grade Historical Fiction
- HiLo: Adults - reading 2nd to 4th grade levels
- Recommended Realistic Fiction for Children
- Middle East Book Award Winners (Children's Books) 2000-2004
- Recipients of the Jane Addams Children's Book Award
- Books With a View
Login to add tags
There are currently 6 available
Where To Find It
Available Copies: Downtown Youth, Malletts Youth, Pittsfield Youth, Traverwood Youth, West Youth
"A groundwood book."
Because the Taliban rulers of Kabul, Afghanistan, impose strict limitations on women's freedom and behavior, eleven-year-old Parvana must disguise herself as a boy so that her family can survive after her father's arrest.
Login to write a review of your own.