- Published: New York : Vintage Contemporaries/Vintage Books, 1997.
- Year Published: 1997
- Description: 139 p. ; 21 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Child abuse -- Fiction.
- Incest -- Fiction.
- Teenage mothers -- Fiction.
- Literacy -- Fiction.
- African American girls -- Fiction.
- African Americans -- Fiction. -- New York (State) -- New York
- Harlem (New York, N.Y.) -- Fiction.
Recently Listed On
- Checkout History
- Hard Knock Life: YALSA 2010 Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults
- Books by lesbian and bisexual women authors
- Best Lists
- Popular Urban Fiction Books for Teens
- Fiction by African American Authors
- Urban Fiction
Login to add tags
There are currently 6 available
Where To Find It
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor, Pittsfield Adult, Traverwood Adult, West Adult
[Precious] "includes the novel Push and a reader's guide"--Cover.
Relentless, remorseless, and inspirational, this "horrific, hope-filled story" ("Newsday") is certain to haunt a generation of readers. Precious Jones, 16 years old and pregnant by her father with her second child, meets a determined and highly radical teacher who takes her on a journey of transformation and redemption.
Reviews & Summaries
Login to write a review of your own.