- Published: New York : Clarion Books, 1994.
- Year Published: 1994
- Description: 104 p. : ill. ; 23 x 26 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 1140
- Hine, Lewis Wickes, -- 1874-1940.
- Child labor -- History.
- Social reformers -- Biography.
- Photographers -- Biography.
Recently Listed On
- Books by Recipients of the Laura Ingalls Wilder Award
- Recipients of the Golden Kite Award
- Recipients of the Jane Addams Children's Book Award
Login to add tags
Kids at work : Lewis Hine and the crusade against child labor
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: 331.31 Fr
Available Copies: Downtown 2nd Floor
Crusader with a camera -- Becoming a photographer -- Seeing is believing -- Spinners, doffers, and sweepers -- Breaker boys -- Street kids and farm kids -- Making a difference -- Declaration of dependence -- Child labor then and now -- Bibliography -- Acknowledgments and picture credits -- Index.
This photo-essay describes child labor in the United States at the beginning of the century and how Lewis Hine fought for reforms. A profile of the investigative photographer & how he used his camera to expose the horrors of forced child labor in the United States during the early 20th century. His dramatic photos are included.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.