- Published: New York : Harper & Row, 1984, c1963.
- Year Published: 1963
- Edition: 1st Harper trophy ed.
- Description:  p. : col. ill. ; 23 x 26 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 740
- 0060254920 :
- 0064430553 :
Recently Listed On
- Childhood Favorites
- New York Public Library's Top Children’s Books of the Last 100 Years
- Really Amazing Children's Books!
- Favorite Children's Books
- Books my three year olds love
- Most Popular Kids Books
- Caldecott Medal Winner Books
- Classic Youth Fiction
- Top 100 Picture Books selected by School Library Journal
- New York Public Library's 100 Picture Books Everyone Should Know
classics for k-2 preschool Oprah: 3 - 5 yrs caldecott medal winner Max imagination caldecott wild things caldecott medal monsters Maurice Sendak childern wild rumpus Letter W sendak picture book classic classic children's stories sendak classics_for_preschoolers youth wild things caldecott medal award winner
Login to add tags
Where the wild things are
There are currently 3 available
I know that most people love this book, but I took a class in college where we analyzed this book and after that I really didn't care for it anymore. Doesn't have the best messages.
This story and the images are so captivating. Sendak captures childhood so sweetly and honestly.
A classic. Sweet, brilliant, and great illustrations.
This is a classic children's book. It has neat pictures and a basic story. My children weren't super into this book.
The book is much better than the movie.
A incredible tale. Simply told... but wonderful in it's complexity. IT NEVER GETS OLD.
One of the best children's books ever! Imaginative!
The perfect bed-time story, your child will want this story again, and again, and again.
This is always a great bed time read for the kids at night. Great prose, wonderful illustrations, and a lesson to be shared with all children. Looking forward to the upcoming film version, hope I won't be disappointed.
Login to write a review of your own.