- Published: New York : Atheneum, 1979, c1973.
- Year Published: 1973
- Description: 216 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 920
- 0689710879 :
- 1416949658 (pbk.)
- 0689829833 :
- 0689303173 :
Recently Listed On
- Childhood Favorites
- Birthday Magic
- Top 100 Children’s Novels by School Library Journal
- Harry Potter Fantasy Read-Alikes
- NPR List of the Best 100 Young Adult and Teen Novels
- teen series
- Winners of the Boston Globe-Horn Book Award
- Edwards Award for Teen Books
- AAPS Reading Level X
- If you like The Chronicles of Narnia...
Login to add tags
The dark is rising
There are no copies available and 1 request on 6 copies
On his eleventh birthday Will Stanton discovers that he is the last of the Old Ones, destined to seek the six magic Signs that will enable the Old Ones to triumph over evil forces of the Dark.
Will, on his eleventh birthday, learns he is an Old One, a guardian for The Light. He must collect the ancient Things of Power (wood, bronze, iron, water, fire, and stone) so that the Light may do battle with the Dark and win. Unfortunately, such a brief synopsis does not do it justice, but I don't want to ruin anything for you. And since Cooper sets most of the story lines in Wales, you also get to learn a bit of Welsh...
Y maent yr mynyddoedd yn canu,
ac y maer arglwyddes yn dod.
Login to write a review of your own.