- Published: New York : William Morrow/HarperCollins, 2011.
- Year Published: 2011
- Description: 285 p. ; 21 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 690
- Marple, Jane (Fictitious character)
- Women detectives -- Fiction. -- England
- Mystery fiction.
- FICTION / Mystery & Detective / Traditional
Recently Listed On
- Agatha Christie books I have read
- Public list
- Looking For Authors Similar To Alexander McCall Smith?
- Gardening and Botanical Mysteries
- Mysteries to die for
Login to add tags
The murder at the vicarage
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Mystery / Christie, Agatha
Available Copies: Malletts Adult
Originally published: London : Collins, 1930.
AThe murder of Colonel Protheroe -- shot through the head -- is a shock to everyone in St Mary Mead, though hardly an unpleasant one. Now even the vicar, who had declared that killing the detested Protheroe would be 'doing the world at large a favour,' is a suspect -- the Colonel has been dispatched in the clergyman's study, no less. But the picturesque English village of St Mary Mead is overpopulated with suspects. There is of course the faithless Mrs Protheroe; and there is of course her young lover -- an artist, to boot.Perhaps more surprising than the revelation of the murderer is the detective who will crack the case: 'a white-haired old lady with a gentle, appealing manner.' Miss Jane Marple has arrived on the scene, and crime literature's private men's club of great detectives will never be the same.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.