- Published: various publishers, 1847.
- Year Published: 1847
- Description: 284 p.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 890
- 1587263971 (AAMG)
- 0517227754 (Random House)
- 1416500243 (Pocket)
- Governesses -- Fiction.
- Country homes -- Fiction.
- Mentally ill women -- Fiction
- Upper class -- Fiction. -- England
- Charity-schools -- Fiction.
- Orphans -- Fiction.
- England -- Fiction.
Recently Listed On
- ED'S FAVORITE AUTHORS AND BOOKS
- Entertainment Weekly: 100 All-time Greatest Novels Ever
- Favorite Classics
- Classics for High School
- Gothic Impulse
- Books I Will Eventually Read
- Book club reading list - Part 2
- Books I Should Read
virtuous horror fiction classics dramatic classic plain girl romance fiction Books made into movies mystery governesses classics_for_teens england gothic mr rochester moors chick lit
Login to add tags
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor, West Adult
Reviews & Summaries
At first this book is a bit difficult to read at first, but after you get past the first few chapters you really get engaged into it. It shares a good lesson that you don't have to be beautiful and perfect to be a heroine and you don't have to meet the ideal prince to be happy. Charlotte writes in a way to really get your own feelings involved and therefore keeps you entranced even in parts that are sad or action-less. Even if it is almost 500 pages, I was sad when it was over.
Jane Eyre is an amazing but sad book.
Login to write a review of your own.