Other Members of the Team

Other Members of the Team

Other members of the team: (top row – left to right) Larry Hoffman, David Waters and Fred Thomas. (bottom row – left to right) Alan Moore, and Robert Arrick. Members not pictured are Dewey Barich, Gary Barnes, and Reggie Herndon

Rights Held By: 
Ypsilanti Historical Society

Members of the First String

Members of the First String

Members of the first string: (top row – left to right) Art Dykman, Bob Kidd (Captain) and Ken Ross. (bottom row – left to right) Jim Blodgett, and Lee Judson. Their skills made the difference when the going got tough

Rights Held By: 
Ypsilanti Historical Society

Ypsilanti Basketball Program

Ypsilanti Basketball Program

The Ypsilanti Parks and Recreation Department sponsored a ten week basketball program for junior high school boys

Rights Held By: 
Ypsilanti Historical Society

Old Ypsi High West Wing

Old Ypsi High West Wing

Construction of a new building at 210 West Cross began in February of 1915, and opened in January of 1916. This is the west wing of what came to be known as Old Ypsi High. You can see the old building at the northeast corner of Cross and Washington streets which still remained in use.

Rights Held By: 
Ypsilanti Historical Society

100 Foot Tower with Clock and Bell

100 Foot Tower with Clock and Bell

The most striking feature of the school built in 1879 was the 100 foot tower with clock and bell. Most of the top two floors of the building were destroyed by fire in 1894 and rebuilt. The building was demolished in 1929 to make way for the east wing of the new high school.

Rights Held By: 
Ypsilanti Historical Society

Rail Crossing

Rail Crossing

A rail crossing 3 meters from the home of Ypsilanti’s John Baptiste Saint Romain

Rights Held By: 
Ypsilanti Historical Society

Du Peloux de Saint Romain Family Chateau

Du Peloux de Saint Romain Family Chateau

The restored Du Peloux de Saint Romain family chateau in the eponymous village in France

Rights Held By: 
Ypsilanti Historical Society

Tunnel Opening

Tunnel Opening

The opening is approximately three feet high and has a partially closed hinged cover

Rights Held By: 
Ypsilanti Historical Society

Walkway from Cross Street to Frog Island

Walkway from Cross Street to Frog Island

One opening to the tunnels is under the walkway from Cross Street to Frog Island

Rights Held By: 
Ypsilanti Historical Society

Roy and Kelsie’s Grave

Roy and Kelsie’s Grave

Roy and Kelsie’s grave at Highland Cemetery

Rights Held By: 
Ypsilanti Historical Society
Syndicate content