Hill Auditorium


Hill Auditorium

Concerts were held in University Hall until 1913, when Hill Auditorium opened with more than twice the seating capacity and world-renowned acoustics. The auditorium was named in honor of Arthur Hill, who served as a regent of the university from 1901 to 1909.

Architect: Albert Kahn

Bentley Image Bank: BL005052

Rights Held By: 
Image Courtesy of the Washtenaw County Historical Society



Leningrad Symphony Orchestra, February 1977


Leningrad Symphony Orchestra, February 1977

[*]Yuri Temirkanov, Conductor
[*]Helen Kovalova, Interpreter
[*]Eliso Virsaladze, Pianist

Rights Held By: 
University Musical Society



Reception at Michigan League following Cleveland Orchestra concert, April 17, 1979


Reception at Michigan League following Cleveland Orchestra concert, April 17, 1979
Rights Held By: 
University Musical Society



Arthur Fiedler


Arthur Fiedler
Rights Held By: 
University Musical Society



Arthur Fiedler


Arthur Fiedler
Rights Held By: 
University Musical Society



Boston Sympony Orchestra, Charles Munch, conductor


Boston Sympony Orchestra, Charles Munch, conductor
Rights Held By: 
University Musical Society



Charles Munch


Charles Munch
Rights Held By: 
University Musical Society



Boston Sympony Orchestra, Charles Munch, conductor


Boston Sympony Orchestra, Charles Munch, conductor
Rights Held By: 
University Musical Society



Arthur Fiedler


Arthur Fiedler
Rights Held By: 
University Musical Society



Kurt Masur and Thomas Hilbish, conductor


Kurt Masur and Thomas Hilbish, conductor

May Festival, 1991
Leipzig Gewandhaus Orchestra

Rights Held By: 
University Musical Society



Syndicate content